THE SIXTH EDITION IS COMING IN NOVEMBER 2019!
THE FIFTH EDITION IS AVAILABLE HERE.
The thoroughly revised Sixth Edition of the best-selling Treatment Resource Manual for Speech-Language Pathology remains an ideal textbook for clinical methods courses in speech-language pathology, as well as for students entering their clinical practicum or preparing for certification and licensure. It is also a beloved go-to resource for practicing clinicians who need a thorough guide to effective intervention approaches/strategies.
This detailed, evidence-based book includes complete coverage of common disorder characteristics, treatment approaches, information on reporting techniques, and patient profiles across a wide range of child and adult client populations. The text is divided into two sections. The first part is focused on preparing for effective intervention, and the second part, the bulk of the book, is devoted to therapy strategies for specific disorders. Each of these chapters features a brief description of the disorder, case examples, specific suggestions for the selection of therapy targets, and sample therapy activities. Each chapter concludes with a set of helpful hints on intervention and a selected list of available therapy materials and resources.
New to the Sixth Edition:
This new edition includes updated citations and references throughout as well as current information on treatment efficacy in all disorder chapters to reflect recent developments in the field. In addition, the authors have added the following:
- A new chapter on Contemporary Issues including critical thinking, supervision, coding and billing, simulation technologies, and telepractice
- New tables on skill development in gesture, feeding, and vision
- New information on therapist effects/therapeutic alliance
- Coverage of emerging techniques for voice disorders and transgender clients
- Expanded information on:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Cochlear Implants
- Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- Interprofessional Practice
- Shared Book-Reading
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Treatment Dosage/Intensity
- Vocabulary Development
- Bolded key terms with an end-of-book glossary
- A multitude of case examples, reference tables, charts, figures, and reproducible forms
- Lists of Additional Resources in each chapter
- Access to a PluralPlus companion website containing PowerPoint lecture slides and quizzes for each chapter, and all of the forms from the book in digital format for easy duplication and customization to specific experiences
254 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"
366 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"
489 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"
612 pages, Color Illustrations (2 Color), Softcover, 4.5 x 8"
138 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Spiral Bound, 8.5 x 11"
230 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Spiral Bound, 8.5 x 11"
185 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"