Articulation and phonological disorders are among the most common speech disorders that clinicians treat in various professional settings—especially in public school. Treatment of these disorders requires extensive preparation and careful selection of target words containing single consonant and consonantal clusters. This book covers 26 consonant sounds in both word-initial and word-final positions and 37 consonant clusters and provides five essential elements for teaching each sound: a protocol to establish baserates, a baserate recording sheet, a protocol to teach sound production, treatment recording sheet, a protocol to probe for and record generalized production of new and untrained articulatory targets in the absence of treatment. All forms presented in the book are provided in user-friendly Microsoft Word documents on an accompanying CD-ROM which clinicians are encouraged to modify and reproduce. These heavily researched protocols will save enormous treatment planning and preparation time as well considerable effort involved in generating word containing target sounds. Also included is a detailed glossary defining all treatment terms.
Designed for busy clinicians, the stimuli are designed for use as standalone resources, or in conjunction with the authors' Treatment of Articulation and Phonologic Disorders.
Plural's Sound Stimuli are presented as handy ringbound cards that cover a range of sounds or phoneme clusters.
- Introduction to Treatment Protocols and the CD Resource
- An Overview of Treatment of Articulation and Phonologic Disorders
- How to Use These Protocols in Remediating Phonologic Processes
- How to Use the Companion Book of Stimulus Pictures
- Part I. Teaching Individual Sounds
- Part II. Phoneme Clusters
- Volume 1: Stimulus Pictures for /p/ /b/ /f/ /v/ /s/ /z/
- Volume 2: Stimulus Pictures for /t/ /d/ /ʧ/ /ʤ/ /ʃ/ /ʒ/
- Volume 3: Stimulus Pictures for /k/ /g/ /m/ /n/ /ŋ/ /l/
- Volume 4: Stimulus Pictures for /θ/ /ð/ /r/ /ɚ/ /ɝ/ /w/ /h/ /j/
- Volume 5: Stimulus Pictures for /bl/ /fl/ /gl/ /kl/ /pl/ /sl/ /pr/ /br/ /tr/ /dr/
- Volume 6: Stimulus Pictures for /fr/ /kr/ /gr/ /sk/ /sn/ /sp/ /st/ /sw/ /spr/ /str/
- Volume 7: Stimulus Pictures for /ld/ /lɚ/ /lt/ /lz/ /rd/ /rk/ /rn/ /rt/
- Volume 8: Stimulus Pictures for /ks/ /ns/ /ps/ /st/ /ts/ /bz/ /dz/ /gz/ /mz/ /nz/
About The Authors
M.N. Hegde, PhD, is Professor Emeritus of Speech-Language Pathology in the Department of Communicative Disorders at California State University, Fresno. A highly regarded author in speech-language pathology, his books include leading texts in academic courses and valuable resources for clinicians. His books have been used in worldwide in speech-language pathology programs.
Adriana Peña-Brooks holds a Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from California State University-Fresno. She also holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, the License in Speech-Language Pathology from the State of California, and the Clinical Rehabilitation Services Credential from the State of California. She has previously worked as an instructor and clinical supervisor in the Department of Communicative Sciences and Disorders at California State University-Fresno, where she taught a variety of courses. Subsequently, she has worked as a Speech-Language Pathologist at the Elk Grove Unified School District in Elk Grove, California. In this clinical position, Mrs. Peña-Brooks has worked with children in Kindergarten through sixth grade. She has gained clinical expertise in assessing and treating a variety of communication disorders in children of varying ethnocultural backgrounds. Mrs. Peña-Brooks also has worked extensively with adults who had neurogenic communication disorders and dysphagia. She has made various scholarly presentations at the local, state, and national levels. Currently, Mrs. Peña-Brooks lives in Sahuarita, Arizona, raising her triplets and devoting her time to scholarly writing in speech-language pathology.
250 pages, Color Illustrations (2 Color), Softcover, 8.5 x 11"