Motor Speech Disorders
Diagnosis and Treatment
- Third Edition
- 350 pages, Color Illustrations (4 Color), Softcover, 7 x 10"
- Release Date:
Motor Speech Disorders: Diagnosis and Treatment, Third Edition offers a detailed yet streamlined introduction to motor speech disorders for graduate students and beginning clinicians. The text offers a brief historical overview of motor speech disorders, providing useful context for understanding the technology and methodology used by modern speech-language pathologists for evaluation and treatment. The text also provides a practical introduction to the human motor system and detailed coverage of six pure dysarthrias, mixed dysarthria, and apraxia of speech.
- Chapter outlines identify the major topics discussed in each chapter
- A concise summary effectively wraps up each chapter to emphasize key points for students
- End-of-chapter study questions prompt review and application of topics discussed in each chapter
- Bolded key terms throughout and an end-of-book glossary
- Videos of real life cases studies featuring patients with motor speech disorders
New to the Third Edition:
- Updated chapters with the latest research on motor speech disorders, with particular attention to new studies of treatment procedures
- Now with full-color illustrations, providing significantly better visualization and understanding of neuroanatomy
- New 7" x 10" trim size
- Access to a PluralPlus companion website with upgraded clinical case videos (especially those on apraxia of speech), PowerPoint lecture slides and images bank
About The Author
Don Freed, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Communicative Disorders and Deaf Studies at California State University, Fresno. He received his MS and PhD from the University of Oregon. Prior to his PhD, he worked as a speech-language pathologist in acute care and rehabilitative medical facilities. He also worked as a research speech pathologist for three years at the Portland VA Medical Center. His research has primarily concentrated on adult language and motor speech disorders.
321 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"
301 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"
350 pages, Color Illustrations (4 Color), Hardcover, 8.5 x 11"
709 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"