This book is designed for beginning and seasoned speech-language pathologists and others in regular and special education who work with students demonstrating oral and written language problems. The intent of this book is to provide a resource of excellence, a schema of good practice. Wherever you are in your practice you can use this book with a growing sensibility toward expertise. You may enter this book as a beginning clinician and move to a more advanced level, then move toward proficiency, to advanced proficient, and finally to expert. As you use the suggested goals and materials you will get more and more experience with the various language pathways, and with more practice your skills will become like second nature. The CD includes downloadable forms in both Word and PDF formats.
- Overview of the strands of language and literacy
- Play Strand
- Listenting Skills Strand
- Early Oral-Written Language Strand: The Rationale
- Linking the Strands of Oral-Written Language: The How Tos
- Oral Narration Outlines and Language Literacy Activities
- How to use the accompanying CD
- Oral Narration Outlines and Language Literacy Activity *:Materials
- Blueberries for Sal Story Board
- Corduroy Story Board
- Happy Birthday Moon Story Board
- Harry and the Terrible Whatzit Story Board
- Harry the Dirty Dog Story Board
- Stone Soup Story Board
- The Hungry Thing Story Board
- The Little Red Hen Story Board
- The Snowy Day Story Board
- The Three Little Pigs Story Board
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Story Board
About The Authors
Candace L. Goldsworthy, Professor of Speech-Language Pathology at California State University, Sacramento (CSUS), received her doctorate from Case Western Reserve University in Ohio. Dr. Goldsworthy is co-director of the Sacramento Scottish Rite Clinic for Childhood Language Disorders and is a partner in the private practice of Speech-Language-Learning Associates. She served as Vice-Chair of the Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology at CSUS for ten years.
Katie R. Lambert is an ASHA board certified and California State Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist. She received her Masters of Science degree in Speech-Language Pathology from California State University, Sacramento, in 2007. Mrs. Lambert is on the staff of Speech-Language-Learning Associates, which contracts with the Sacramento Scottish Rite Language Clinic. She has developed particular expertise with young language-learning disabled children.
345 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 8.5 x 11"
167 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 8.5 x 11"
784 pages, Color Illustrations (2 Color), Hardcover, 8.5 x 11"
304 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 8.5 x 11"
360 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 6 x 9"
294 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 8.5 x 11"
356 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 6 x 9"
452 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 6 x 9"