Instructors: click here to request your Desk Copy of this book.
Introduction to Aural Rehabilitation
544 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"
Clear and easy to read, Introduction to Aural Rehabilitation is practice-oriented and contains the necessary information for a foundations course. This title focuses on the most important practical and clinical aspects of providing services on behalf of children, adults, and the elderly who are hearing impaired. It contains all the material needed for excellent course work, but avoids the technical detail of theoretical texts.
Intro to Aural Rehabilitation: Interview with Raymond H. Hull, PhD
Douglas L. Beck, AuD, speaks with Dr. Hull about his new book, Introduction to Aural Rehabilitation.
Linda Jacobs-Condit, AuD, CCC-A (George Washington University), Doody's Review Service, (2010):
"This excellent book is organized in a logical sequence and covers a broad range of topics to prepare future professionals to service children and adults with hearing loss."
AudiencePrimary Subject: Audiology / Audiologic Management
Secondary Subject: Audiology / Audiologic Management
Secondary Subject: Audiology / Textbooks
Audience Level: Academic
- PART I: THE NATURE OF AURAL REHABILITATION
- 1. The Nature of Aural Rehabilitation RAYMOND H. HULL, PHD
- 2. Introduction to the Handicap of Hearing Impairment: Auditory Impairment Versus Hearing Handicap JACK KATZ, PHD AND THOMAS P. WHITE, MA, MBA
- 3. The Psychosocial, Educational, and Occupational Impact of Impaired Hearing and the Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling Process R. STEVEN ACKLEY, PHD AND KAREN DILKA
- 4. Introduction to Hearing Aids and Amplification Systems JOSEPH J. SMALDINO, PHD
- PART II: INTRODUCTION TO AURAL REHABILITATION: CHILDREN WITH IMPAIRED HEARING
- 5. Family Involvement and Counseling in Serving Children Who Possess Impaired Hearing DALE V. ATKINS, PHD
- 6. Considerations and Strategies for Amplification for Children Who Are Hearing Impaired WILLIAM R. HODGSON, PHD
- 7. Development of Listening and Language Skills In Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing ARLENE STREDLER-BROWN, MA, CCC-SLP
- 8. Speech Development for Children Who Are Hearing Impaired DANIEL LING, PHD
- 9. Cochlear Implantation in Children THOMAS L. KRYZER, MD
- 10. Educational Management of Children With Impaired Hearing MOLLY POTTORF LYON, MA, CCCA/SP
- PART III: INTRODUCTION TO AURAL REHABILITATION: ADULTS WHO ARE HEARING IMPAIRED
- 11. Aural Rehabilitation for Adults: Theory and Application RAYMOND H. HULL, PHD
- 12. Counseling Adults Who Possess Impaired Hearing R. STEVEN ACKLEY, PHD
- 13. Hearing Aid Orientation for Adults Who Possess Impaired Hearing RAYMOND H. HULL, PHD
- 14. Non-Hearing Aid Assistive Hearing Technology for Adults with Impaired Hearing JOSEPH J. SMALDINO, PHD
- PART IV: CONSIDERATIONS FOR OLDER ADULTS WITH IMPAIRED HEARING
- 15. The Influences of Aging on Older Adults JUDAH L. RONCH, PHD AND MICHAEL NOVOTNY
- 16. Auditory and Nonauditory Barriers to Communication in Older Adults DAWN KONRAD-MARTIN, PHD AND GABRIELLE SAUNDERS, PHD
- 17. The Impact of Hearing Loss on Older Adults RAYMOND H. HULL, PHD
- 18. Considerations for the Use and Orientation to Hearing Aids for Older Adults RAYMOND H. HULL, PHD
- 19. Techniques of Aural Rehabilitation for Adults Who Possess Impaired Hearing RAYMOND H. HULL, PHD
- 20. Special Considerations in Aural Rehabilitation for Older Adults in Health Care Facilities RAYMOND H. HULL, PHD
- APPENDICES: MATERIALS AND SCALES FOR ASSESSMENT OF COMMUNICATION FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED
- APPENDIX A CID Everyday Sentences
- APPENDIX B The Denver Scale Quick Test
- APPENDIX C The WSU Sentence Test of Speechreading Ability
- APPENDIX D Hearing Handicap Scale
- APPENDIX E The Denver Scale of Communication Function
- APPENDIX F Test of Actual Performance
- APPENDIX G The Hearing Measurement Scale
- APPENDIX H Profile Questionnaire for Rating Communicative Performance in a Home and Social Environment
- APPENDIX I The Denver Scale of Communication Function for Senior Citizens Living in Retirement Centers
- APPENDIX J Wichita State University(WSU) Communication Appraisal and Priorities Profile (CAPP)
- APPENDIX K The Hearing Handicap Inventory for the Elderly
- APPENDIX L The Communication Profile for the Hearing Impaired
- APPENDIX M Communication Skill Scale
- APPENDIX N The Shortened Hearing Aid Performance Inventory
- APPENDIX O Communication Scale For Older Adults (3-Point Response Format)
About The Author
Raymond H. Hull, PhD, is Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Coordinator of Audiology, and Director at the Center for Research on Communicative Sciences and Disorders, College of Health Professions, Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas.
125 pages, Color Illustrations (4 Color), Softcover, 8.5 x 11"