An Advanced Course in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- 288 pages, Available Online Only
- Release Date:
This text is intended for a capstone course for senior undergraduate or graduate students, which is increasingly mandated in departments of communication disorders. Designed to pair the students' academic knowledge with their practical experience in a manner that is motivating and thought-provoking, this book will replace or augment the course-packs and miscellaneous books currently used for these courses. The Unified Model of Communication Sciences and Disorders framework helps students bring their previous education to bear in a fresh, new learning experience.
This text is a perfect choice for preparing for the NESPA Exam.
- 1. The Unified Model of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- 2. Communication Sciences and Disorders: The Discipline.
- 3. The Acquisition of Knowledge in Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- 4. Perspectives on Science and Logic in Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- 5. Consciousness, Language, and Thought.
- 6. Expressive Language and Motor Speech Planning.
- 7. Motor Speech Production.
- 8. The Speech Resonating System and Acoustic Energy Transmission.
- 9. The Hearing Mechanism and Accompanying Nonverbal Communication.
- 10. Auditory Perception and Verbal Association.
Please visit SpeechPathology.com, the first choice of speech-language pathologists for continuing education, professional news and information and career opportunities throughout the world, for an exclusive interview with Dr. Tanner regarding this title.
About The Author
Dennis C. Tanner, PhD is Professor of Health Sciences at Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, in the Speech-Language Sciences and Technology program. Dr. Tanner is author or co-author of more than 20 books and has published widely in academic journals. Dr. Tanner has a wealth of experience in the teaching of anatomy and physiology for speech and hearing sciences. Dr. Tanner received his M.S. in Speech Pathology and Audiology from Idaho State University and his Ph.D. in Audiology and Speech Sciences from Michigan State University. Dr. Tanner was the recipient of the Outstanding Educator Award, granted by the Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions, in Washington, D.C., 2001-2002, in addition to the College of Health Professions' "Teacher of the Year" Award, 2001-2002.
277 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 6 x 9"
288 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 8.5 x 11"
416 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 8.5 x 11"
Edited by: Roberta J. Elman
383 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"