Thomas Murry, PhD is Professor of Speech Pathology in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, New York, and Adjunct Professor Teacher’s College, Department of Biobehavioral Sciences, Columbia University, New York. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Florida and his post-doctoral training from the Communication Sciences Laboratory, University of Florida.
Dr. Murry has distinguished himself as a scientist, clinician, and educator in the areas of voice and swallowing. He serves on the Scientific Advisory Board of The Voice Foundation, the Advisory Board of the International Association of Phonosurgery, and on the scientific advisory board of the Pan European Voice Congress. His early research in voice science encompassed a wide range of voice related topics, including underwater communication systems, laryngeal cancer, performer’s voice disorders, and laryngeal neuropathologies. His current research interests include voice disorders and issues in performers’ voices and neurolaryngology
Dr. Murry has published over 120 peer-reviewed articles in national and international scientific journals and has presented over 500 lectures at conferences throughout the world. He has authored or edited 12 books on voice, speech, and swallowing and has contributed numerous chapters to various scientific texts and web sites. He currently serves as the senior editorial consultant to Plural Publishing, Inc. in the areas of voice and swallowing.
Books By Author
- FEESST, Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing with Sensory Testing
- The Performer's Voice
- Comprehensive Management of Swallowing Disorders
- The Singer's Voice
- Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders, Third Edition
- Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders Workbook
- Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders, A Companion CD
- Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders Bundle (Textbook, Workbook, and CD)
- Clinical Management of Swallowing Disorders Textbook and Workbook