Jeannette D. Hoit, PhD, CCC-SLP
Jeannette D. Hoit, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences and Director of Postdoctoral Affairs at the University of Arizona and a speech-language pathologist. Dr. Hoit received her BA in Anthropology from the University of California at Los Angeles, her MA in Communicative Disorders from San Diego State University, and her PhD in Speech and Hearing Sciences from the University of Arizona, and she pursued postdoctoral study in the Harvard School of Public Health Respiratory Biology Program and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Speech Research Laboratory. Dr. Hoit's research focuses on speech physiology, with an emphasis on normal aging and development, neuromotor speech disorders, and respiratory function and dysfunction. Dr. Hoit is a past and current editor of the American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, a fellow of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, and past president of the American Association of Phonetic Sciences. She has received a Distinguished Alumnus Award from San Diego State University and several teaching and mentoring awards from the University of Arizona.
Books By Author
- Foundations of Speech and Hearing, Anatomy and Physiology
- Preclinical Speech Science, Anatomy, Physiology, Acoustics, and Perception
- Preclinical Speech Science Workbook
- Preclinical Speech Science Bundle (Textbook + Workbook)
- Evaluation and Management of Speech Breathing Disorders, Priciples and Methods