Unpaid internship with or without course credit
Plural Publishing is a small but growing company that produces leading academic and professional publications in the fields of speech-language pathology, audiology, otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, and special education. We employ a dedicated and committed team of professionals who take great pride in our authors and our publications. Our editorial internship program is designed to introduce college students and/or recent graduates to book publishing, and will provide you with valuable hands-on publishing experience.
This is an unpaid internship with or without course credit to last 3 months from the start date. We prefer someone who can intern 20-25 hours a week, between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
About the Internship:The Editorial Intern provides assistance to the editorial team consisting of an Executive Editor, Project Editor, and Editorial Assistant. The Editorial Intern will learn how to perform a variety of duties, including processing submitted manuscripts, mailing contracts to new authors, assisting with permissions requests, and performing tasks such as data entry, scanning and photocopying materials related to our publications. The internship also includes working on special projects, and could also assist other departments on an as-needed basis.
NOTE: This internship does NOT involve writing or editing.
Desired Attributes, Skills and Experience:
- A strong desire to learn about book publishing
- A sophomore/junior/senior working toward BA degree or a recent graduate
- Preferred majors: English, Communications, Journalism, Linguistics, or Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Able to meet deadlines
- Self-directed, can work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills and knowledgeable in MS Word and Excel
If interested, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Kalie Koscielak at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.